Sunday, July 8, 2012

I've Been Poisoned!

I have been pretty lucky for the past 27 years but that luck ran out yesterday when I realized I had gotten food poisoning. Ugh, it was NOT fun at all and I am just now, about 29 hours later, feeling pretty normal again. So, while I was trying not to die yesterday I was otherwise having a nice evening. I made dinner for my family who came over for dinner and a movie - I finally got to make sloppy joes for my parents! I fell in LOVE with this recipe I found online, it's easy and super delicious and it seemed to be a crowd pleaser! Here's the basic recipe, I don't measure anything - just mix and taste:

Emily's Sloppy Joe Recipe - Found Somewhere online
Brown ground beef in frying pan - drain
Add chopped green pepper and onions - continue cooking so the veggies soften up a little
Add Ketchup, Yellow Mustard, Brown Sugar and Garlic Powder - mix and let simmer for about 10 minutes. 

We eat them open-faced on hamburger buns - delicious!

On a more positive note - I get to check off two of the things on my summer to-do list! In case you missed it, I blogged about it earlier this week (here).

My mom and I went to the Plymouth Farmer's Market yesterday, I was so excited to go and got some decent deals on produce. I bought strawberries, blueberries, grape tomatoes and fuji apples for $11.50! So far we've sampled everything and it's been delicious! I plan on going back in a few weeks when they're up and running again.

I guess that even though I spent most of the weekend feeling awful some good things happened too:
  • Our apartment is relatively clean
  • I put up a bunch of pictures that I have been procrastinating on 
  • I finished Season 6 of How I Met Your Mother
  • I went to a nice bridal shower and one of the favors was Bath & Body Works hand soap and we TOTALLY needed soap!
  • I sold some old stuff that I've been trying to get rid of on EBay (although I still couldn't sell my wedding dress or my Keurig)
  • I had a nice time with my family last night

I think that's all for now - I plan on laying low and cuddling with Ally for the rest of the evening.
Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Food posioning is the worst!! Do you know what it was from? And why on earth are you selling your Kuerig?! I love mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate an omelet from a coney...made me sad because I really like the restaurant usually. I love the keurig but I don't drink enough coffee to justify the cost of the k-cups and they kept expiring before I drank them, I just threw away 3 boxes of unopened cups!

    ReplyDelete