Sunday, August 26, 2012

A Lazy Sunday

I have been spending the last week looking at other blogs and seeing how I can ramp up my blogger profile a little bit. So far I have gotten a few ideas, some of which will start next week so stay tuned for that. I am hoping to keep up my blog while I start back up with grad classes in a couple weeks, but we'll see how that goes. For now I am busy getting the most out of the last bit of summer before the fast pace of fall starts creeping back into focus. In an effort to do just that, I am having a lazy Sunday afternoon with my sister in downtown Plymouth.

My extremely rich drink and Gatsby :)
A couple days ago I went to see "Hope Springs" with my mom and sister and while it was a good movie, I came away with a bigger impression from one of the previews that played before the movie. In case you've missed it, a film depiction of "The Great Gatsby" is coming out next year and the preview alone was intriguing. I have never read the book because, in all honesty, I enjoy easy, fad-type of stories rather than the great american novel. However true that may be, I have had an itch to try Gatsby several times in the past and after seeing the trailer for the movie, I couldn't get it out of my head so I made it my resolve to at least give it a go. So when my sister said she needed to make a quick pit-stop at the library this afternoon, I knew this would be my chance to check it out. In the end, we both ended up  borrowing the book (yes, I did look slightly silly checking out two copies of the same book) and decided that we will have our own private End of Summer Book Club and discuss it over coffee over the next couple of weeks. I'm not entirely sure if either of us will finish it, but at least we'll get coffee out of the deal :)

My sister, Laura. 
In more Lazy Sunday news, we are spending this beautiful day in downtown Plymouth watching the bustling Kellogg Park from a cozy booth inside Panera. We are relaxing with yummy frozen drinks and she is in the process of writing a paper for school. So I will leave you with a couple of questions to ponder and if you're feeling nice, you can answer them for me!

What is your favorite way to spend a Sunday afternoon?

Have you read The Great Gatsby? If so, what's your take on the great american novel?

What is your favorite frozen drink (adult or otherwise)?

Happy Sunday,


Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment